The Offaly Greenways Strategy: To Members of the Public
Offaly County Council are inviting members of the public to comment on the draft ‘Offaly Greenways Strategy’ in 2015. The Strategy will include projects outlining where walking and cycling projects can be improved and developed around the county with particular emphasis on improving existing routes in addition to creating new loops.
The Greenways Strategy examines the existing available resources in the County including the Grand Canal, the peatlands, existing cycling routes, and the railway lines that are no longer in use with a view to making connections both within and outside of County Offaly.
Any group or individual can make a submission.
Submissions or observations regarding the preparation of the Offaly Greenways Strategy may be made to the Planning Authority from the 20th January 2015 to the 18th February 2015 (both dates inclusive) and can be submitted:
• In writing to: Forward Planning Department, Offaly County Council, Áras an Chontae, Charleville Road, Tullamore, Co Offaly
• By email to email@example.com
• Be clearly marked “Greenways”
• Be in writing via email or post
• Include the name and contact details of the person making the submission on a separate page to the content of your submission*
• Be received no later than 18th February 2015
Submissions should not:
• Be made in more than one format i.e. letter and email
• Contain the name of the submission maker within the content of the submission*
*This is to assist Offaly County Council in complying with the provisions of the Data Protection Act.
Signed: Declan Kirrane
Director of Services