FERBANE TIDY TOWNS - . Join us at the usual time of 7pm every Tuesday evening at the Heritage Centre.
2. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING IN FERBANE! By Ferbane Tidytowns.. Spring 2016
Litter prevention and control
. Did you know that under Litter Pollution Act 1997, you are breaking the law when….
- You create litter in a public place – this can be throwing a cigarette butt or sweet papers on the ground or dumping your waste in hedges or bogs
- You present your household refuse for collection in a manner that creates litter – this means that when you put your waste out for collection, it must be secure so waste cannot be blown around
- You own, hire or drive a car and litter is dropped from it
- You fail to clean up if your dog foulsin certain public places, whether on the street or at a park or on the beach or – be warned – in the garden of another person’s house
- You put your household waste into public litter bins
- You place items such as cardboard boxes at glass bottle banks
- All of the above offences are subject to an on the spot fine of €150 or a maximum fine of €3,000 if you are convicted in the district court.
3. Anti Cigarette Butt Campaign
In May 2016 Ferbane Tidytowns launched their Anti Cigarette Butt Campaign.
There are posters in Centra Carpark urging the public to use bins for cigarette butts and not throw them on the street.
Please report ANY illegal dumping to the Litter Hotline on 1800 242 673. Thank you.